Email your MP
Ask your MP to challenge illegal puppy smuggling
We need your help. Ask your MP to attend and support the Animal Welfare (Import of Dogs, Cats and Ferrets) Bill on Friday 15 March.
This Bill aims to prevent the cruel practice of puppy smuggling. This important issue was previously covered in the Kept Animals Bill. With that Bill having been discarded, we are determined to make sure this new legislation gets the time in Parliament it deserves, and that it successfully becomes law as quickly as possible.
We hope that the Bill will:
- Restrict the age of imported puppies
- Ban the import of pregnant dogs in their last trimester
- Ban the import of dogs with mutilations such as cropped ears or docked tails
- Reduce the number of dogs that can be imported in a vehicle
We need you to write to your MP and urge them to support the Animal Welfare (Import of Dogs, Cats and Ferrets) Bill.
Please ask them to:
- Attend the drop-in session at Parliament on Monday 4 March where FOUR PAWS UK will be on hand to brief Parliamentarians on the Bill and why it is needed.
- Attend the Second Reading of the Bill on Friday 15 March and support it.
- Support and defend the legislation against any opposition to ensure it progresses.
- Speak up for the animals impacted by this cruel trade.
With your help, we can make 2024 the year we protect puppies from the cruel trade in illegal smuggling. Will you stand with us today and urge your MP to support the Bill?